Manufacturers have used honey in everything from hand lotions and moisturizers to bar soaps and bubble baths. Consumers are demanding cosmetics and personal care products made from natural ingredients.
Honey is a humectant, which attracts and retains moisture, making it a natural fit in a variety of moisturizing products, including creams, shampoos and conditioners. Honey also has antimicrobial properties, which make it a perfect addition to facial masks, scrubs, and cleansers. Natural honey has been known to aid the healing of wounds and to hinder the growth of microorganisms, such as bacteria.
- • 1 cup H.L. Franklin’s Healthy Honey
- • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix honey and olive oil.
- Using a small amount and starting with the ends, work through hair until coated.
- Cover hair with shower cap; leave on 30 minutes or overnight, depending on the severity of dryness.
- Remove shower cap; shampoo well and rinse.
- Dry as normal.
- Repeat as desired.
- Tip: Store the remainder mixture in a glass jar for future use.
- • 4 tablespoons H.L. Franklin's Healthy Honey
- • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 cup brown sugar
- • 1 fresh lemon (juice of)
- Add lemon juice and olive oil in to a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the honey, whisk quickly until the ingredients bind together into a medium-thick consistency.
- You can add or subtract the amount of olive oil and honey that you use depending on how thick you want your scrub to be.
- Add in the brown sugar and mix.
- You can add or subtract sugar, depending on the exfoliating intensity preferred.
- As a body scrub: Apply to body, paying close attention to extra dry areas, such as the elbows, knees, feet and hands.
- Rub in circular motions for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- As a facial scrub: Apply to clean face in gentle, circular motions.
- Use caution when using on open wounds, as the lemon may cause a slight sting.
- Leave on for 7-10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- TIP: Store the remaining mixture in a glass jar for future use.
Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C. This ingredient is commonly used in skincare to lighten sun/age spots and to even out skin tone. Also being a natural astringent, it tightens pores and brightens the complexion.
Brown Sugar is a natural exfoliator. Being a natural source of glycolic acid, it evens out skin tone, cleans pores, and enhances overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is high in vitamin E, which naturally soothes and heals the skin. It is also known for its anti-aging properties.
Honey is a natural source of antioxidants, making it a perfect ingredient for age prevention. It is also a natural humectant, so it locks water into the skin, keeping the complexion hydrated. Its antimicrobial properties benefit acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts.